I did take the time to look back (and yes, had forgotten a few stops!), but I won't replay what's come and gone. That said, my Virgo self is forcing me to "account for" where I've been for 10 months!
So, since leaving South Carolina, I've ...
- Driven over 14,000 miles
- Visited 18 states (passing through does not count)
- Biked 3,405 miles (yes, I'm behind on my annual goal!)
- Had just 2 bike flats (both within a mile of a shop!)
- Hiked 297 miles, give or take
- Enjoyed 11 National Parks, 10 immensely
- Camped in 5 state parks, 1 county, 2 private & a few national forests
- Slept in 12 hostel dorms
- Treated myself to a private room, 6 times
- Eaten more than 250 peanut butter & banana sandwiches
- Read 36 novels & memoirs
- Stayed the longest in Austin, Texas (12 weeks)
- Traveled just one area in both directions (the stunning, Southern Utah)
- Sung nearly every favorite song I know from the '60s and '70s.
- Visited family, friends & met people from all over the world (unlimited #)
- Gained a new perspective on the USA and the people who live/visit here
- Found what "feels like home" wherever I am -- the post office, the library, a 7-11 coffee, NPR on the car radio, and pedaling my Jamis!
While I've been feeling frozen in place these past 2 weeks, I realize that I may never pass this way again, either. So, stay tuned as I continue on with eyes wide open, and begin plotting my nomadness of 2016!