Lifestyle Fitness Coach
In 2004, I pursued my passion for health and fitness through professional education, hands-on training and certification, then founded FitAfter50.
For more than 8 years, I had the pleasure of working with "older adults" as a Personal Trainer, Group Fitness Instructor, and Sports Performance Coach.
To be a valuable resource for people 50 and older who want to incorporate physical activity and other healthy lifestyle habits into their lives, in order to enhance their quality of life.
To learn more, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
· Mobile & Online Lifestyle Fitness Coach - Fit After 50, 2004-2012
· Historical Bike Tour Leader in St. Michaels, Maryland - Destinations Paradise, Summer 2010 and 2011
· Personal Trainer - YMCA of Talbot County, St. Michaels, Maryland, Summer 2007
· eBook Author - "You Don't Need a Gym: 5 Steps to a Low-cost, Effective At-Home Workout"
· Personal Trainer & Circuit Training Instructor - Healthy Chicks, Lake Worth, Florida, 2005-2006
· Mobile Personal Trainer – Boca Raton and Delray Beach, Florida, 2004-2006
· Founder, President and Ride Leader - The Delray Beach Bicycle Club, 2003-2006
Related Education & Certifications
· American Council on Exercise (ACE®): Certified as a Personal Trainer and Group Fitness Instructor
· National Institute of Health Science: Certified as a Senior Fitness Specialist
· SilverSneakers® Fitness Program Instructor Training: Muscular Strength and Range of Movement
· American Fitness Professionals and Associates Continuing Education: Interactive Functional Anatomy and Functional Movement Assessment
· Human Kinetics: Strength Training Past 50
· FiTour® Continuing Education: Precision Heart Rate Training and Optimal Muscle Training
· American College of Sports Medicine: Action Plan for Osteoporosis
· Aerobics & Fitness Association of America Workshop: Indoor Cycling
· Bastyr University Continuing Education: Nutrition and Natural Medicine
· American Heart Association®: Adult CPR/AED Certified
· M.Ed., Lesley University, Cambridge, MA and
B.A. Education, University of Massachusetts, Amherst
My Favorite Activities
Long-distance cycling, free weight training, hiking, and power-walking to get where I need to go!