Good nutrition remains critical throughout life to get the necessary nutrients that keep you strong and enable you to fight diseases.
Ideally, you've been practicing healthy eating habits throughout your life, but as the years pass and you lose lean body mass (muscle), your metabolic rate slows down, and you burn calories more slowly.
This means that you need nutrient-dense foods to provide vitamins and minerals without too many calories. Exactly how much, and when you should eat still depends on your activity level.
We can take a look at your current eating habits so you can understand the impact they may be having on your health and lifestyle goals.
Let's make sure you’re getting the nutrition that you need, so you have the energy to get up and go!
A healthy lifestyle goes beyond being active and eating well. Your emotional well-being, stress level and sleeping habits all affect how well you feel.
Take care of yourself by making good decisions each and every day:
· Get enough sleep so you can rejuvenate
· Drink plenty of water to stay hydrated
· Protect yourself from the sun
· Avoid some stressors and reduce the effects of others
· Maintain a healthy weight and a strong, flexible body
· Manage your health risks with preventive care
· Have reasonable expectations for yourself
Keeping your life balanced means making sure that self-care is as important as all your responsibilities. The payoff includes less fatigue, more peace of mind and – perhaps – a longer, happier and healthier life.
Questions? Email me now.